Your partners in health

To find a GP or other medical professional, visit

General Practitioner

The central partner in your health who can advise other health services that may be useful for you.


Your health professional to help care for your teeth, gums and mouth.

Primary Health Care Nurse

A nurse who does many different things to support your health and wellbeing. They might provide information, advice, education, treatment, referral and support for planned care in the home and community settings.

Nurse Practitioner

A nurse who provides advanced nursing care in specialist areas.



An expert in hearing loss and balance disorders. Audiologists can help people of all ages with the use of hearing aids and other devices which improve their ability to communicate.


Helps you manage diet and nutrition. They will advise and support you if you are affected by health conditions like diabetes, being overweight, obesity, cancer, heart disease, renal disease, gastro-intestinal conditions and food allergies.

Exercise Physiologist

Provides specialised exercise interventions for people with health issues including chronic conditions and injuries. The aims of the intervention are to assist in restoring your optimal physical function, health and wellness.

Occupational Therapist

Enables people with disabilities and those who’ve experienced illness, decreased ability to do everyday tasks, or serious injury (stroke, car accident, bone breaks) to participate in the everyday activities of life, such as showering, dressing and preparing food. They also play an important role assisting people to access education, return to the workforce and volunteer across a range of areas.


An expert in eye health trained to prescribe glasses and contact lenses and treat a range of eye conditions such as dry eye, allergies and infections.


Works with people of all ages to treat a broad range of health conditions including sports injuries and musculoskeletal conditions. They also assist with chronic health conditions such as osteoporosis, falls prevention and stroke.


Helps you in the care of your lower limbs including the foot and ankle. They may also be involved in supporting older people to reduce their risk of falling.


An expert in human behaviour who can help you change the way they think, feel, behave and react. Psychological treatments can be used to help individuals, families, groups and organisations.

Social Worker

Supports you to make changes in your life that will improve your personal and social wellbeing.

Speech Pathologist

Diagnoses and treats communication disorders, including difficulties with speaking, listening, understanding language, reading, writing, social skills, stuttering and using your voice. They can help you if you have difficulty communicating because of developmental delays, stroke, brain injuries, learning disability, intellectual disability, cerebral palsy, dementia and hearing loss, and other problems that can affect speech and language. If you experience difficulties swallowing food and drinking safely, a speech pathologist can also help you.

To find out more about the allied health services available, visit

For some conditions, you may need a referral from your GP to see a specialist. Such as a:
+ Endocrinologist
+ Urologist
+ Radiologist
+ Neurologist
+ Oncologist
+ Cardiologist
+ Geriatrician