Spanner in the Works? is a comprehensive men’s health promotion toolkit that’s designed to guide anyone with a passion for promoting men’s health and wellbeing. The toolkit has been developed by the Australian Men’s Shed Association and supported in review by Healthy Male.
The toolkit encourages men to take a more proactive approach to their health through men’s health promotion in workplaces, sports clubs and community groups.
The toolkit can be tailored to suit your needs and includes a range of items to support your delivery of men’s health promotion activities.
Some health promotion ideas include:
• a men’s health wall display
• a men’s health information stand
• men’s health events with health chats and show bags
• men’s health presentations
Items available include:
• Facilitators Guide to support you if you are new to planning health promotion activities or events along with notes to support the men’s health presentation
• Booklets for Australian men with a ‘service and maintenance’ schedule to promote health through different stages of life
• Fact Sheets
• A USB which has all of the above available for download plus 7 fact sheets and the Spanner in the Works? presentation.
If you are a Men’s Shed, order your kit here.
For all other orders, you can get your kit here.
A men’s health initiative by the Australian Men’s Shed Association, proudly supported by Healthy Male.