Mental Health First Aid Training – NSW | VIC | TAS
Mental Health First Aid is a two day course, designed to empower and enable participants to recognise and assist those persons who are experiencing mental health issues.The course is intended for members of the public to learn how to assist someone who is developing a mental health problem, has a worsening of an existing mental health problem or is experiencing a mental health crisis.
The course covers:
- General information about mental health in Australia and those specific groups experiencing increased risk
- Depression, Anxiety, Psychosis
- Substance abuse and Drug overdose
- Eating disorders
- Panic attacks
- Self -injury
- First aid for a mental health crisis
- Can be tailored to suit specific industries, workplaces or groups
- All participants are supplied with a Mental Health First Aid manual which is both comprehensive and very easy to read.
- Flexible delivery arrangements to keep costs to a minimum
Where: New South Wales , Victoria and Tasmania (NB – for training in other states/territories go to https://mhfa.com.au/ )
Numbers: No less than 5 participants and no more than 20
Time: 2 consecutive one day workshops of 6 hours each OR 2 one day workshops of 6 hours each a week apart OR 4 x three hour workshops (other combinations as requested).
Cost: $200 per person
For further information, visit the MHFA website https://mhfa.com.au/instructor/140617